Tuesday 29 November 2011

DSPCA ..I miss you.

So for my work experience i went to the DSPCA.it was incredible.I miss it so much and my minds made up , thats what i will do when im older for sure!
The work they do is incredible and they dont even get funding from the government! they need 2 million euro each year to run the shelter and the get by , by fundraising but never reach the total mark.The money is only spent of food and supplies for each and every type of animal in the shelter.Cats ,dogs ,donkeys,pigs,peacocks,horses,ferrets,snakes and every other animal that was cruely treated or abandoned.
They will never say no to an animal in need of a home but right now they dont have money anymore.Personaly I think everyone should be donating to them.
The work experience programme is only for animals lovers who just want to spend time with animals.Dont go if you "just got" or where"offered" a place , unless you love animals, because i can say that you will not enjoy yourself if your not in it passionitly.
I on the other hand put my heart into the week and have agreed to volunteer in summer when i reach 16 :)
Im acctually really excited to be back there! Of course ,Naturally i got attached to every animal there, but I realised when leaving they are alot happier than animals out there alone in a cold place.
Anyways take trips there, they are open to schools,and everything else and if you are intrested in a dog, contact them and ask for "TAYLOR" my personal fav.Shes a cute boxer dog and it broke my heart leaving her.
I had a great time , and will deffinitly be going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment